Copyright © Janice Tracy, Mississippi Memories

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Coggins, Fenner, and Trigleth Family Research

Beginning today, I will be focusing my family research efforts on three lines of my mother's family, specifically the Coggins, Fenner, and Trigleth families.  Read below to see how these surnames fit into my family tree.  Also, I invite you to read future posts on this blog as I document the results of my research about the three families. If you have connections to one of the surnames listed here, please contact me; I welcome the opportunity for us to share information.

  • Ancestors of George Walter Trigleth, Sr. and Susan Elizabeth Elviney Coggins, his wife. George, Sr. and Susan E. Coggins Trigleth were my maternal great-great-grandparents. I am descended through their daughter, Lucy Lula Trigleth. Lucy Lula Trigleth was born in 1881 in Brozville, Holmes County, Mississippi and died in that county in April 1951.  She is buried in Coxburg Cemetery, also in Holmes County. Lucy married first William Elza Pettus around 1900 in Holmes County, and they had four children.  One of their daughters, Rosa Mae Pettus, was my maternal grandmother. Many deceased members of the Pettus and Trigleth families are buried in Holmes County, Mississippi cemeteries.
  • Ancestors of Rachel Fenner, wife of William Neatherlin. Some researchers believe Rachel Fenner's parents emigrated to the U. S. from Holland.  Rachel and William Neatherlin were my maternal great-great-great-grandparents. One of their sons, Patrick Netherland, who was born in 1804, married Jane Elizabeth Smith, born on July 17, 1825. The marriage between Patrick and Jane Elizabeth Netherland produced a son named William Bailey Netherland, who married Martha Elizabeth Garrard.  One of their twelve children, Ralph Ernest Netherland, was my maternal grandfather. Ralph Netherland and Rosa Mae Pettus, my maternal grandparents, married in Holmes County about 1925 and divorced in 1940.  Rosa Mae Pettus Netherland Parsons and Ralph Netherland, as well as many other deceased members of the Netherland family, are buried in Coxburg Cemetery in Holmes County, Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment