Copyright © Janice Tracy, Mississippi Memories

Monday, March 2, 2009

Dances with Daffodils


"For oft when on my couch I lie,
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye

Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils."
- William Wordsworth



With snow blanketing many parts of the country last weekend, my thoughts have turned to spring again. And it is definitely encouraging that instead of having snow today, we are seeing a few more signs that spring is truly on its way. Spring to me means new life, flowers, fresh-smelling new green grass, birds, baby animals, and Easter - life's simple things. It is a joy to watch the palette of colorful flowers unfold around me, and to see the lovely wispy blossoms appear almost overnight on flowering pear, peach, and plum trees is a delight. Just this morning, I saw another lovely sight, more confirmation that winter is gone for another year. A small flock of migrating goldfinches were feeding on their delicacy, black Niger seed, at the yellow feeder outside the breakfast room window.

Maybe tomorrow my tulips will be blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment