Copyright © Janice Tracy, Mississippi Memories

Monday, November 15, 2010

"For Our World Campaign"

I received an unexpected pleasure today when I logged onto this blog - a comment from Jeni Stepanek!  If you read a poem I posted here on Sunday, November 7, 2010, you may recall the name "Stepanek." The poem was entitled "For Our World," by Mattie Stepanek, who is Jeni's son.  Although I have already published Jeni's comment on the November 7th post, I am re-printing her comment here, as it contains information about the "For Our World Campaign" that Jeni began this fall. It is my hope that other bloggers will take part in Jeni's campaign to share Mattie's poem with the world.


Jeni said: "Thank you so much for sharing this poem on your website. I began a "For Our World Campaign" this fall, with hope of having this poem published on websites and bulletin boards around the world by the 10th anniversary of 9/11/2001. Mattie believed that we should seek to rebuild, rather than seek revenge. This poem is a gentle, yet powerful reminder, of the choices each of us can make for our world, and for peace." 


Jeni Stepanek ("Mattie's mom") www.mattieonline.com."


Thank you, Jeni, for your comment and for your effort to share Mattie's moving words with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment