Copyright © Janice Tracy, Mississippi Memories

Sunday, May 17, 2009

"Horizons of My Heart"

Recently, I ran across a poem written by Mississippi Delta native, Eddie Draper, and I would like to share it with you here today. Draper is a songwriter and musician who lives and works in Nashville, Tennessee.

Horizons of my heart
Sunsets of my youth
Landscapes still remembered
Not forgotten in my view--
Panorama's panacea
Promising my plight
I pledge thy podium
Oh tonight--thy pulpit is my might--
Longin' for a laurel world
No speech--no sound-no curse--
A vestige of pious realms
No ignorance--yet verse--
Sonnets on a sunset
Float to truthful plains--
Never waving--constant course
Oh, venue long remain--
Horizons of my heart
Oh, faithful one who speaks--
Tread me not on paradox
But pay my toll to seek---

by Eddie Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment