Copyright © Janice Tracy, Mississippi Memories

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ragland Family Book

Thanks to a little internet research, I have discovered Charles Ragland's book, entitled "The Raglands:  The History of a British American Family," that traces that family's origins back to England.  Actually the book is two volumes and can be found in most genealogy libraries.  According to what I have read so far, the book traces the lineage of the Ragland family in America through Evan Ragland, the emigrant.  Now I need to locate a copy to read more about the "Mississippi Raglands, " William Ragland, Jr., Joseph Ragland, and John Ragland (Winiford Ragland's father, and my ancestor.)  More later......

1 comment:

  1. I have both volumes of The Raglands: The History of a British American Family by Charles Ragland (both in paper copy and in .pdf files).

    If you haven't already secured them from else where, contact me at raglandb@hotmail.com


    Brian C. Ragland
    Chester, Virginia

    ReplyDelete