Copyright © Janice Tracy, Mississippi Memories

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Garrard Family - GA>AL>MS - A Continuing Saga

This is just a quick update on my research into the migration of my maternal Garrard ancestors who finally settled in Holmes County, Mississippi. I have now found the burial location of my great-great-grandparents, Richard N. and Annie Lyles Garrard - Harland Creek Cemetery in Holmes County, and I hope to get photos of their grave stones soon. But the Garrard search continues, and I now need to find the names of each of their parents. I have located their marriage record in Hall County, Georgia in 1850 on file in the Georgia Archives. I plan to request a copy of the marriage record next week, and hopefully that record will give me the information I need to proceed with my search. I was quite surprised to find that an out-of-state request for this document is $30 - fairly steep compared to the in-state cost of $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment